These notes come from Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques by Dennis L. Wilcox
Giving Speeches and Presentations
1. First you must determine the objective.
2. The objective must then be supported by key messages to emphasize throughout the speech.
3. There must also be a strategy, which is basically the setting and tone of the speech.
4. When giving a speech, you must always:
- know your objective
- structure the message for the ear
- tailor remarks to the audience
- give specifics
- keep it timely and short
- give gestures and eye contact